- Who are we?
- How we may contact you as part of your car loan application
- How you contact us
- How we keep you informed
- Obtaining Personal Data / Information
- Customer Communication
- What Personal information Do We Collect?
- How do we use your Personal information?
- Who do we share your Personal information with?
- Who Might Our Panel Of Lenders Share Your Personal Information With?
- What cookies do we use?
- How secure is our site and what steps do we take to keep your information safe?
- Rights Of Access To Your Personal Information
- How long will we retain your personal information for?
- Your Right To Opt Out Of Future Contact From Us
- Your Right To Be Forgotten/Erasure Of Your Personal Information
- How to make a complaint?
1. Who Are We?
carloanz.co.uk is a trading name of TFLI Limited, who are authorised and registered with the Financial Conduct Authority as a credit broker, reference number: 723630. TFLI Limited is registered in England and Wales (Company number 08424810), Registered Office; Grimshaw Lane, Bollington, Macclesfield, Cheshire, SK10 5JB. Licensed by the Information Commissioners Office, (registration number Z3585914).
carloanz.co.uk are aware how important your privacy is, based on this we have implemented measures which will ensure any personal information that is obtained from you by visiting our website will be processed and maintained in line with accepted principles of good information handling and in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Contained within this statement and set out below are details of the type of information that we at Car Loanz may hold about you our customer, also how we obtain and process any information we may have and importantly how we protect your privacy.
2. How We May Contact You As Part Of Your Car Loan Application
We, our panel of lenders and credit brokers, will keep you informed with the progress of your application. Unless you state otherwise you may be contacted via telephone, email, post, SMS and automated message. (see further section on 'How we keep you informed')
Lawful basis for collecting your personal data
Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis.
We rely upon a different lawful basis to process your personal data according to the reason for which you have provided your data to us.
When you have applied for a Car loan, product or service, with the TFLI Group, we process your personal data on the basis that we have a legitimate interest in processing your data (i.e. to consider whether or not to process your application). We will also process this personal data on the basis that you have given your consent to be contacted by TFLI Ltd, their panel of Car Loan Providers/Credit Brokers for the purpose of obtaining a Car loan. When we have processed a Car loan application, we process your personal data on the basis that we need this information to fulfil our obligations under the contract we have entered into with you. We will also rely on your consent to contact you at some point in order to keep you informed regarding offers on products or services which we think may be of interest to you.
You can withdraw your consent to us processing your personal data for marketing purposes at any time by clicking the "unsubscribe" option in any marketing SMS, email we send to you. Alternatively, you can withdraw your consent by contacting our Data Protection Officer using the contact details stated in section 15 / 16. If you change your mind about agreeing to us processing your personal data, this will not have any effect on the lawfulness of any processing we have carried out before you change your mind.
3. How You Contact Us
If you are required to telephone us using the specified telephone numbers on our website under the Contact or advertising/marketing correspondence then your call may be recorded for training, quality and regulatory purposes. We pride ourselves in complete customer care and this gives us the opportunity to continuously improve and monitor our customer experience.
4. How We Keep You Informed
We may want to make contact with you at some point in order to keep you informed regarding offers on products or services which we think you may find of interest, this contact will be made via telephone, email, SMS, automated messages. Third parties may also wish to contact you from the information we have shared with them, any information that is shared to third parties is completely trusted for the purpose it is specified for, third parties may also use the same means of contact stated above.
5. Obtaining Your Personal Data/Information
The information/data that we would normally collect from you is as follows:
- Residential address
- Residential status
- Date of birth
- National insurance number
- Driving License number
- Email address (if applicable)
- Telephone number (home, mobile, work)
- Income details
- Details of bank account
- What you do on our website; the results of this will be used to show Car Loanz examples of which parts of our website are most and least used (please refer to ‘Cookies’ paragraph)
If you register with us and have a question about our services, or alternatively choose to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org may also collect the above personal information/data in this instance in order for us to respond to your enquiry.
6. Customer Communication
Unless the customer states otherwise we will contact the customer via means of telephone, SMS and email to provide information and alerts relating to our services and our associate companies. We may also receive personal information/data from third parties, which enables us to offer Identified potential customers products, and services who have expressed interest in our products and services. Any information/data obtained from third parties is checked in regards to accuracy and we will endeavour to check your information with you on occasion.
Ensuring your personal details & or preferences are kept up to date.
It is your responsibility to ensure that any information we have on record for you is kept up to date and correct. If you do require any of your information to be updated then please contact us as soon as possible so we can ensure it is corrected.
If you require your preferences to be updated then please contact our Compliance Manager as soon as possible (details set out below within ‘Contact’ page).
7. What Personal Information Do We Collect?
We collect personal information about you when you give this to us when applying for a car loan product online. This might be, for example, to obtain comparative quotes for the loan and alternative financial solutions. In the course of providing the Services to you, we may also store information about how you use our Sites, for example, the pages viewed, the website from which you came to visit our Sites, changes you make to information you supply to us, details of the quotes you request and your applications, together with details of your financial information, for example, bank account or payment details.
We will store the information you provide and may use it to pre-populate fields on the Sites and to make it easier for you to use the Sites when making return visits.
We may monitor or record your Calls, Emails, SMS or other communications but we will do so in accordance with data protection legislation and other applicable law. Monitoring or recording will always be for business purposes, such as for quality control and training (e.g. where you call our compliance or customer service department), to prevent unauthorised use of our telecommunication systems and Sites, to ensure effective systems operation, to meet any legal obligation and/or to prevent or detect crime.
We will periodically review your personal information to ensure that we do not keep it for longer than is permitted by law.
8. How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
We may use your personal information:
- to enable you to access and use the Services;
- to personalise and improve aspects of our Services;
- for research, such as analysing market trends and customer demographics;
to communicate with you, including some or all of the following:
- sending you information about products and services which we think may be of interest to you - this may include new product launches such as short term loans, car loans / finance, alternative financial solutions, newsletters and opportunities to participate in market research;
- sending you car loan quotes in order to provide this service to you, we may also send that information to our partners such as our panel of lenders and credit brokers so that they can calculate their quotes. When they do this, our partners may carry out soft credit checks on you (see section 9 Who do we share your information with? below for further information on the type of checks that may be undertaken);
- sending you a confirmation email of your quote - when you submit an application with us, you will automatically be sent confirmation of your application by email or SMS so that you have a record of it;
- to process an application between you and a third party such as the lender;
- to track sales, which may involve us sharing data with your product provider relating to the product(s) you have purchased. Your product provider may also send us information they hold relating to the product(s) you have purchased for this purpose;
- to match our data with data from other sources - we may validate and analyse your information and, in some cases, match it against information that has been collected by a third party to ensure that the information we hold about you is as accurate, consistent and as well-organised as possible. As well as ensuring that any marketing material that we send you is appropriate to your needs, this process also ensures that our Services continue to be as personalised and focused as possible;
- to circulate our customer survey review which are available to customers once an application has been completed;
- to enable you to share our content with others, e.g. by using any 'Email a friend' or 'Share this' functionality on our Sites.
Keeping you informed about the Services: You agree that we and, with your consent, other trusted third parties will be entitled to contact you (depending on your contact preferences) via email, post, telephone, sms, or by other electronic means such as via social and digital media, in relation to products, services and other offers that may interest you.
Whenever you provide us with personal information, where necessary we will seek your consent and/or we will give you an opportunity to tell us you do not consent to the use of your information for marketing purposes. Unless you tell us otherwise, you are consenting to such use.
9. Who Do We Share Your Personal Information With?
When you complete an application, you consent to us disclosing your personal information to the following parties:
- Lender, Credit Brokers as detailed below.
Service Provided: Company Details: Lenders:
Car Loans & Car Finance Providers
- CLS Finance
Car Finance Credit Brokers
Introducing customers to Car Finance providers
- Infinity Car Finance
- the Financial Conduct Authority and/or other regulatory/governing bodies, for the purposes of compliance monitoring;
Where permitted by data protection and privacy law, we may also disclose information about you (including electronic identifiers such as IP addresses) and/or access your account:
- if required or permitted to do so by law;
- if required to do so by any court, the Financial Conduct Authority, the Competition and Markets Authority or any other applicable regulatory, compliance, Governmental or law enforcement agency;
- if necessary in connection with legal proceedings or potential legal proceedings; and/or
- in connection with the sale or potential sale of all or part of our business.
If we reasonably believe false or inaccurate information has been provided and fraud is suspected, details may be passed to fraud prevention agencies to prevent fraud and money laundering.
FRAUD PREVENTION AGENCIES (FPA'S)
If we reasonably believe false or inaccurate information has been provided, including in relation to a person's identity, and fraud is suspected, details, including personal data may be passed to fraud prevention agencies to prevent fraud and money laundering. Your details may be passed to statutory bodies, regulators, legal bodies, credit reference agencies, fraud prevention entities and identity and address verification agencies who may record and use your details. They may also disclose your information to other organisations for credit reference, debt tracing, and fraud and money laundering prevention purposes. If you have any queries regarding these uses, please contact the relevant organisation.
By submitting an application form on our site, you confirm that all of the information provided is true and accurate. You also, when applying, authorise the Lender or Finance Provider to use both fraud prevention and credit referencing agencies to help make relevant decisions. Credit checks and credit reference agencies can also help prevent fraudulent applications.
What Is A Fraud Prevention Agency?
Fraud Prevention agencies collect, maintain and share information on any known or suspected fraudulent activity.
They work in the following ways with various organisations:
- If false or inaccurate information is provided and fraud is identified, details will be passed to Fraud Prevention Agencies
- Law enforcement agencies may access and use this information.
- FPA’s along with ourselves and other organisations, may also access and use this information to prevent fraud and money laundering, for example, when:
- Checking details on application s for credit and credit-related accounts, or other, facilities;
- Managing credit and credit-related accounts or other facilities;
- Recovering debt;
- Checking details on proposals and claims for all types of insurance; and,
- Checking details of job applicants and employees.
- We, and other organisations may also access and use the information recorded by FPAs from other countries.
10. Who Might Our Panel Of Lenders Share Your Personal Information With?
Some of our providers will use your personal information to assess your circumstances (including information about any third party who is named on the application) and verify the information that you have provided before providing a quote to you. Some providers may carry out checks with fraud prevention and credit reference agencies. Both public data (e.g. the electoral roll) and private data (e.g. your personal credit history) may be checked in this way. Some providers may carry out checks against data they already hold on you, (or is held by the company whose brand they administer the product for, or members of their group of companies) such as data from existing products, account data, data from previous product transactions, accounts you may hold with them or loyalty scheme data to share with lenders in order to determine your loan amount. If providers carry out these searches, a record of the search will appear on your credit report. Some providers may also check public and private higher education sources to obtain information about your educational background.
This information exchange allows providers to verify the information that is provided during the quote process (including information about any third party who is named on the policy), and also helps to detect fraudulent loans. These checks are not unique to users of our Services - they may also be carried out if you obtain quotes from other sources.
11. What Cookies Do We Use?
A cookie is a very small text file placed on your computer or device. Cookies help us to:
- understand browsing habits on the Sites;
- understand the number of visitors to the Sites and the pages visited; and
- remember you when you return to the Sites so we can provide you with access to previously saved quotes.
Most cookies are deleted as soon as you close your browser or mobile application - these are known as session cookies. Others, known as persistent cookies, are stored on your computer or device either until you delete them or they expire. Every time you visit carloanz.co.uk, you will be kept signed in for a further 90 days. By using the Services, you consent to us using cookies.
12. How Secure Is Our Site And What Steps Do We Take To Keep Your Personal Information Safe?
Our Sites are "Let’s Encrypt Secure Websites" and keeping information about you secure is very important to us. However, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. Sensitive information, for example, your card details, is encrypted to minimise the risk of interception during transit.
We do our best to keep the information you disclose to us secure. However, we can't guarantee or warrant the security of any information which you send to us, and you do so at your own risk. By using our Sites you accept the inherent risks of providing information online and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security.
Where will your personal data be held?
Your personal data may be held within the European Economic Area (EEA) or outside the EEA. If any personal data is transferred or stored outside of the EEA, we check whether the EU Commission has determined that it will afforded the same level of protection as it would within the EEA (this is called an adequacy decision). If it will not, we will ensure any such transfer is subject to appropriate safeguards (for example by putting appropriate contractual provisions in place with relevant third parties to provide us with reassurance about the security of your personal data) or is otherwise permitted (for example with your express consent to transfer) in accordance with the provisions of the GDPR.
13. Rights Of Access To Your Personal Information
You have certain rights under data protection legislation. For example, we will always let you have a copy of the personal information we hold about you, if you request it from us in writing.
In order to ensure the Services we provide you continue to meet your needs we may ask you for feedback on your experience of using the Sites. Any feedback you provide will only be used as part of our programme of continuous improvement and will not be published on the Sites.
Note that it is your responsibility to check and ensure that all information, content, material or data you provide on the Sites is correct, complete, accurate and not misleading and that you disclose all relevant facts.
You have a right to have inaccurate personal data rectified, you can also request to have incomplete personal data completed (Right to rectification).
We will process your request within one month from date of receipt. If you wish to make any changes please contact our Customer Services Team at email@example.com
14. How Long Will We Retain Your Personal Information For?
The amount of time we retain your information for will depend on the reason it was provided:
- If you request to opt out of marketing, we will still need to retain your information in order to evidence your preferences.
- We will need to retain, for a minimum period of 6 years, any information relating to applications you have entered into on our website. This period will commence once your relationship with us has ended. We need to keep your information for this length of time to assist with any potential future complaints.
- Your information/data will not be used for marketing purposes once 12 months has passed following your application.
15. Your Right To Opt Out of Future Contact From Us
You can opt out of future contact from Car Loanz at any time. All of our marketing messages provide an opt out link – please allow up to 48 hours for us to process your opt out request. Alternatively you can enter your details via www.removeme.co.uk or email firstname.lastname@example.org where your details will be removed from any future marketing campaigns.
16. Your Right to be Forgotten / Erasure Of Your Personal Information
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), all individuals have the right to request the deletion or removal of personal data (the right to be forgotten) under the following circumstances:
- Where the personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was originally collected/processed.
- When the individual withdraws consent.
- When the individual objects to the processing and there is no overriding legitimate interest for continuing the processing.
- The personal data was unlawfully processed (i.e. otherwise in breach of the GDPR).
- The personal data has to be erased in order to comply with a legal obligation.
- The personal data is processed in relation to the offer of information society services to a child.
There are some circumstances where the right “to be forgotten” does not apply i.e. where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
If you wish to request your “right to be forgotten” please email: email@example.com
Our marketing partners will also be informed of your request
17. How To Make A Complaint
Car Loanz always aim to be fair and honest in everything we do, so if you have a complaint about any aspect of our service we’re keen to resolve it as quickly as possible. You can contact us is any of the following ways:
Complaints Department, Car Loanz, Adelphi Mill, Grimshaw Lane, Bollington, Cheshire, SK10 5JB
By Phone: 01625 32 22 74 (calls are charged at local rates and are inclusive of mobile phone users’ free minutes)
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will acknowledge receipt of the complaint within 3 working days and we hope to provide a final response within 4 weeks. We will write to you again within 4 weeks if we are unable to provide a final response within that time period. In any event we will respond to your complaint in full within 8 weeks.
If you are not satisfied with our response, or if a complaint is not resolved after eight weeks, you may refer the complaint to -
Financial Ombudsman Service
Telephone: 0800 023 4567
Web site: www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk
You can report any of your concerns to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)
Information Commissioner's Office
Tel: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745 if you prefer to use a national rate number, Fax: 01625 524 510
European Online Dispute Resolution Platform in relation to your complaint you can also request a review from the European Online Resolution Platform: http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/
Last updated April 2018